Friday, April 10, 2009

The Baptism

Leyton received the Sacrament of Baptism last Sunday, April 5th at First United Methodist Church. It was such a wonderful day! We thought the weather was going to be bad, but the sun came out and it turned out to be a beautiful day. Leyton did so good during the baptism. He did so good while the preacher walked him around and showed him to everyone! Aubrey sang a beautiful song for this little man on his special day, too. I have to admit, I cried a little bit when Aubrey sang for him. I think it all just hit me at one time how lucky Thornton and I are that God gave us Leyton and that He is letting us raise one of His children. After the baptism, we went to eat lunch at my Mom and Skip's house. Mama and Cheri put on a great lunch for everyone. The food was absolutely wonderful! My dad also got to come down from Biloxi to visit Leyton for a little while. This is the first time he has gotten to see him since he was born! We had a great time visiting him, and Leyton had so much fun with Geno. We hope he comes back soon! Here are some pictures from Leyton's special day.






Little boxes of assorted baby blue chocolates with a silver cross on them for the family to take home as favors from the day






The food table was so pretty I had to get a picture



The beautiful cake that Mrs. Chow made


Leyton with his Godparents, DD and Brennan




Leyton and Geno


















No comments:

Post a Comment